History of Transcombi
TransCombi Express S.A. was founded in 1986 and is seated in the city of Aspropyrgos in Attica province with the objective to develop International Transportation across Europe.
In 1989, «TransCombi Express GmbH» was founded in Germany with the objective to represent the Greek company and the growth of the International transportation business between both countries.
In the same year, the company expanded in the area of combined transportation with a fleet of 200 Case Mobil’s and Wexel Brücken’s, which were assigned to the European line.
In 1991 after steady development steps, the company decided to expand further its offered services, by establishing the company named «TransCombi Express Salonica LTD» seated in Thessaloniki, which today has a storage capacity of 3.100 m2 and 200 m2 offices in a privately owned installation.
In 1992, with the commencement of the free trading of goods between EU countries, the company built its first privately owned warehouses, with a total extent of 10.000 m2 in Aspropyrgos Attica, with racking facilities for 8.000 pallets, entering this way the area of warehousing services.
Since then, the company continuing its development process has expanded its warehousing facilities in the area of Aspropyrgos with the purchase of additional 4.000 m2 of warehouses and 400 m2 offices.
In the same period, the company expanded its warehousing and distribution network in the island of Crete, with warehousing facilities of 2.000 m2 in the city of Heraklion.
In 2000, TransCombi Express S.A. created a subsidiary company named «General Cargo TransCombi» with 51% owned participation with the objective to develop further International Transportation to European countries.
In 2003, the company expanded even further its warehousing facilities in Aspropyrgos, reaching a total coverage of 28.000 m2 moving in parallel its headquarters to Thesi Patima in Aspropyrgos.
In the same year, the first Logistics Center of the company was concluded in Oinofita Viotias with warehousing facilities of 24.000 m2 and direct connection to the public railway giving the company the benefit to be able to load and unload directly railway wagons from within its facilities.
In 2004, the company went through a business reorganization process and in that process was certified according to the standard EN ISO 9001:2000 by TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS S.A., which the company holds until today.
The company today, responding to the challenges of the market, has acquired a site of 280.000 m2 and is in the process of obtaining a license to build a warehouse of 80.000 m2.
Quick View of the Company
TransCombi Express S.A. today:
- Has facilities:
- In Oinofita
- In Aspropyrgos
- In Tavros
- Building with offices on Leoforos Kavalas (Eleonas)
- The company and the main shareholder participate in the following companies:
- General Cargo TransCombi LTD in Athens
- TransCombi Express Salonica LTD in Thessaloniki
- TransCombi Express GmbH in Germany
- Occupies 72 people (TransCombi Express S.A.)
- The TransCombi Express Group has a total storage capacity of 36.000 m2 in Attica & Viotia and 3.100 m2 in Thessaloniki
- In 2008, the group had a turnover of € 12.854.000
- Has been accredited for the quality of its services according to EN ISO 9001:2000 standard by TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS S.A.
SECTORS OF ACTIVITY
TransCombi Express S.A. having invested in facilities, IT systems and qualified personnel can provide the below services to its customers:
- Warehousing in fully equipped storage locations
- Warehouse management with the use of mobile wireless RF scanners for reading barcodes through all supply chain processes (intake, warehousing, picking, loading)
- Electronic exchange of data with warehouse customers
- Implementation of FIFO – FEFO etc rules., where ever needed by customers
- Real time control of stock levels via our Warehouse Management System
- Management of return orders
- Cycle counting system
- Repackaging services
All warehouse locations of the company are equipped with:
- Hydraulic ramps for loading/unloading goods
- Drive In and Β2Β racks
- Narrow isle fork lift trucks (VNA), Reach Trucks και Counterbalance trucks
- Electric pedestrian pallet-board operator
- Handheld RF scanners
- Thermal printers for printing barcode labels
- Integrated WMS
Based on our facilities, our equipment and qualified personnel our company offers besides the above, cross-docking services managing a wide range and number of product codes and shipments on a daily base.
The company has an exclusive national distribution network. In particular distribution is done:
- In Attica via its distribution centers in Aspropyrgos, Tavros and Oinofita
- In North Greece via Transcombi Express Salonica LTD
- Via 9 Hub’s in mainland & Crete and through collaborators for islands
TransCombi Express has been involved in International Transportation, since 1986.
- Has qualified and trained staff that is informed continuously on new philosophies and technologies relative to International Transportation
- Has correspondents in many countries and a privately owned company in Germany, which offers the benefit to serve any need of its customers
- Is dynamically involved in any developments of the area, with expertise in combined transportation through corresponding distribution departments
- Land (truck and train)
Securing the safe transport of goods.
- Has correspondents over entire Greece, with the ability to deliver door to door
- Has equipped installations that guarantee high quality services and the safety of goods whether stored or distributed to the final customer.
Our clientele includes Greek and multinational companies of different areas (FMCG, Retail, etc.).
Indicatively, you will find some below:
|Makro Cash & Carry||Bolton Hellas||Unilever Supply Chain Company|
|BDF Beirsdorf||Rolco - BIANIL||Tesa Tape|
|LIDL Hellas||SCHENKER||SCA Hygiene Products|
|Fuchs Hellas||CEVA Logistics||Ecoline|
|Georgia Pacific||Procter & Gamble||De Agostini Hellas|
|Cadbury Hellas||KAROYLIAS V.S|