GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR THE ENTRY AND RESIDENCE OF THIRD-COUNTRY NATIONALS
1. A third-country national entering on Greek territory must hold a passport or other travel document recognized by international conventions.
2. Such documents shall have a visa, if so required by applicable international conventions, Community law and national arrangements.
3. The visa shall be issued by the consular authority of the place of residence of the third-country national, having regard to reasons mainly relating to public policy and to the protection of national security and public health, and shall be distinguished into short-term residence ("Schengen" visa) and long-term residence (national visa).
4. National visas shall be issued on the basis of legislative arrangements hereof relating to the residence permit and their length shall be equivalent to that of the residence.
5. Third-country nationals not subject to visa may enter and remain on Greek territory for a period of up to three months overall or in part, within six months from the date of initial entry.
6. In exceptional circumstances, visas may be issued by passport control agencies on arrival of the thirdcountry national to the point of entry, by decision of the Minister of Public Order.
7. A decision of the Minister of Foreign Affairs shall determine the conditions, documentation and procedure for the issuance of visas.